Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Miss you daddy..


It was June 13th 2001 when we received the call that you had left us forever.. I can never forget the feeling.. I was shocked. I was numb. I was filled with grief. It's been 6 years today.. since that fateful afternoon. At this moment, when I think back to it, I'm glad you had the foresight to put me in the same college with Kak Syura. Conicidentally, that day, we shared a class together. How ironic.. But I am forever grateful that we had each other to share our grief and support each other.. for I wouldn't know what I'd do if I was alone.

We are still missing you today.. even though the years have passed. I can still feel your presence as if it were yesterday. Years have gone by yet the imprint of you still sticks with us and we love you and miss you more and more each day.

I will never forget the sight of you giving me your trademark thumbs up as you drove away to the airport that Sunday. You were on your way back to KK and dropped by to see us. I'm glad you did. You passed away that Wednesday.. and I'm glad I called you 2 nights before.. just to make sure you were coming again to KL to spend Father's Day.. but it wasn't meant to be.

Father's Day is this coming Sunday. The ads on TV make it hard to watch. Curse them for making touchy-feely ads. I hope Petronas doesn't start making Father's Day ads. They're real tearjerkers. The card we bought for you 6 years ago still remains hidden in a drawer. I don't have the heart to open it up. What's the point anyway?

I wish you could see Seri all grown up. All 13 years old of her. She's still daddy's little girl. Kak Syura is definitely daddy's girl with all your flair and as tiny as she is, won't let anyone mess with her. Totally you! Your two beloved sons have taken over as "Dad" really amazing.. I'm glad you gave me 2 abangs.. you will be so proud of them. I wish that you could see both Buddy and Danial. Your grandkids.. you will dote on them and give them the moon. I dare bet on it. Buddy is amazing. He recognises his "Atuk" even though he's never met you.. and even in the pics of your bujang days!!

Well, its 1.13am. I need to go sleep.. 'coz tomorrow we'll be going to visit your grave early in the morning. I think you miss us. Because mom had a dream of you the same night I had a dream of you too. We miss you too.. every day. You are in our hearts and prayers. I love you daddy.. Al-Fatihah.

8 comments:

Ratu Syura June 13, 2007 at 2:03 AM  

That's a great tribute to Daddy you did~! I likes~!! I miss him toooo!! Damn those Petronas TV ads. Don't watch 'em!! LOL.. I'm gonna make a tribute to him too but I haven't got a pic! You needa send me one.. And thanks for saying I'm SO him!! keke.. Nice.. very the touch!!!

zul June 20, 2007 at 2:48 PM  

al-Fatihah to him... and my condolences too...

Rozella June 22, 2007 at 11:58 AM  

Although I have experience the passing of several family members, I have never experienced the death of someone who is truly dear to me. The mere thought of it shatters my heart and leaves me speechless. I cannot pretend to imagine to know how painful it must be for you and your family... but what I do know is that I have seen you grown up through all of our years being friends and despite all the oopsie daisy moments that we've all been through, I know that your dad is smiling down on you because he is so proud of how you have turned out - I wouldn't still be your friend otherwise :P God bless his soul and may he rest in peace.

Shemah June 24, 2007 at 2:00 AM  

ratu syura: I'm glad u liked it.. and that you thought it was sooooo touch! ahakz!

zul: thank you so much for your prayers.. i really really do appreciate it..

rozie: so you mean, if i do something that didn't make anyone proud, you wouldn't be my friend????? huh?? huh?? huh??

thanks for your thoughts!

chegu carol January 10, 2008 at 10:17 AM  

It is so touch Shemah cos i can feel my heart...urmm..whats the word...sebak?...

God bless his soul.

Nick Phillips January 11, 2008 at 3:06 PM  

I know this is like a really late comment but I just read it through your latest post. That's an absolute touching tribute to your dad.

I never did get to know my dad till about a year before he passed on. My parents were separated when I was just 6 years old.

May he rest in peace ...

Shemah January 12, 2008 at 5:49 PM  

chegu carol: Thanks for feeling sebak with me.. :) It's still hard on us because it feels like he passed away just yesterday. But thanks for reading..

So touch?? hahaha.. terjangkit oredi the way me and syura talk.. :D

nick phillips: At least you've got your chance to meet him and get to know him before he passed on. Whatever decisions he made in the past has shaped you to be who you are today.. which is a very great father.

I tell that to my husband as well. His father left him and my mom-in-law when he was barely a year old. His father is trying to get closer to him now.. but he can't accept him. Yet, I try to convince him to at least get to know his father..

thanks for ur thoughts, Nick..

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious June 17, 2008 at 8:38 PM  

shemah, well written! as you said, im sure your dad misses you all alot! Let's be good girl now and we shall meet them again at the end of our roads. :)

Jean Chia

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Echo

Chat Away


Hit Me People!

Free web designs that are custom made.
custom website design
CommentLuv Enabled

Commentor of the Month

Life According To Me

Widget by Mxyzplk

Blog Community

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP