Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Dream Of Being A Celebrity Stylist?

I'm sure by now, most of you know how much I enjoy creating sets for Polyvore, right? For those of you who don't know what Polyvore is, well, it's just a site that allows you to channel your creativity into creating artwork, interior design or fashion sets using the items provided for you. All you have to do is start from a blank canvas, then start creating!

Personally, creating artwork, is not my strong suit. I'm more interested in creating fashion sets, which I've shown here in my previous posts a couple of times before. Most of the time, I'm inspired by celebrity fashion and try to re-create a set as close to it as possible!

Here are a couple of examples that I've made:

Queen B
Queen B by shemah featuring Paul Smith tops


The Roommate
The Roommate by shemah featuring Converse shoes

Most of the time, I enjoy choosing my favorite celebrities as muses and pick and choose from the array of gorgeous clothes what I think my favorite celebrity would wear. Basically, it's playing stylist to your favorite celebrity. After all, there are many celeb styles that we're just iffy about and should be fined by the fashion police.

Remembering Natalie
Remembering Natalie by shemah featuring Christian Louboutin shoes

From designer goods at Net-A-Porter to affordable Forever21, there are so many brands and stores to choose from when creating your fashion set. So if being a celebrity fashion stylist has been your dream since you were a little girl watching Cyndi Lauper's crazy getup in the "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" music video, then you should try your hand at this.

Besides, the community at Polyvore are very supportive and they're very friendly which makes it all even more fun. If you're insecure about your fashion style, getting feedback from other members might even make you even more confident. Not to mention joining contests held by members! You might even win a few.. I never thought I'd win a place in fashion contests, but I did! It's one of my favorite hobbies right now but the only downside is: you get addicted!


7 comments:

LadyJava,  April 20, 2010 at 4:37 PM  

you are so talented with polyvore Shemah.. i tried to create some and not so successful lah.. lol! but yours. wowee!!

LadyJava,  April 20, 2010 at 4:37 PM  

well done sweetie!

Shemah,  April 20, 2010 at 5:17 PM  

Hi LJ!! Wowww.. kembang membang lah me you say like that! :) hahaha.. Thank you so much. I don't know.. I guess a lot of practice helps me make my sets better. Most of the time, I just pick out every thing I want and lump it onto the canvas, then I'd undergo the task of putting stuff where I think they belong. hehehe.

Anyways, thanks again for your compliments, LJ!!! I really appreciate it! :) :* :* :*

Nessa,  April 20, 2010 at 5:46 PM  

Agree with LJ. Your creations can even beat those in mags, seriously!

I tried creating a few times, they looked awful plus I'm just too lazy to learn ... inda sia sanggup mo save... :-E :-E

Keep on creating! :-D :-D

LadyJava,  April 21, 2010 at 8:02 AM  

I’m really impressed Shemah.. you made it looked so easy coz when I tried.. it aint that easy.. lol!
Well done!

Shemah,  April 21, 2010 at 3:50 PM  

Awww that's so sweet Nessa!! :) :) But it's not like the first set I created was any good. Over time only have I started to get better at it. I'll keep on creating as long as I have inspiration! :)

I hope you give it another go lah Nessa.. best jugak tu! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Echo

Chat Away


Hit Me People!

Free web designs that are custom made.
custom website design
CommentLuv Enabled

Commentor of the Month

Life According To Me

Widget by Mxyzplk

Blog Community

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP