Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Adele - 21

Adele is one of the best singers these days in terms of voice and songs (lyrically and rhythmically). Born Adele Laurie Blue Adkins, this singer-songwriter is someone I've always adored and have featured her quite a number of times on my favorite music meme, Music Monday.

I think the first time I heard Adele was in 2008 or 2009 with her song Chasing Pavements, from her album 19. I was practically ADDICTED to her songs and her voice! She also did a beautiful remake of Bob Dylan's "Make You Feel My Love" which I think beats a lot of other versions out there.

In January 2011, Adele released her second album, in the UK and I just have to say, her CD is definitely worth buying!


This album shows a slightly different direction musically compared to her debut album. It still has the Motown and folk sound but also incorporates some country, pop and R&B into it as well. Her song "Someone Like You"  is probably the most played song on my iTunes since January. I loooove it so much although I could NOT exactly relate to "feeling heartbroken about an old flame marrying another". LOL!

However, that's what one should expect from the album 21. It's dubbed a break-up album, with the majority of the songs focusing on aspects of the singer's most recently ended relationship. Adele's first single from the album, "Rolling In The Deep" is rocketing it's way through the charts and blasting it's way through our radio airwaves! I'm definitely loving it! If you haven't checked out the music wonder that is Adele, check her out! ENJOY!




9 comments:

Shemah May 27, 2011 at 11:50 PM  

Hi sweetie! I love this song by Adele too.. Honestly, I first heard it on American Idol when Haley sang it and thought it was great.. When I downloaded the original song, I quickly fell in love with it. Haven't heard other songs by Adele but was told that her music is good.. So, no regrets if anybody want to listen to her song or become her fan.. :)

Shemah May 28, 2011 at 6:40 PM  

Oh I simply love this song!!!! love the tune and the way she sing it.. unique gils!

Shemah,  September 8, 2011 at 7:21 PM  

Hola Bill!!! :)  

Shemah,  September 8, 2011 at 7:22 PM  

I think so too, Bill!! :*   :*  

Shemah,  September 8, 2011 at 7:23 PM  

Hahahahaha hardly can be a music guru, Isaac!! :)  But I do have a wide taste for music.. I can listen to practically anything! :)  

Shemah,  September 8, 2011 at 7:23 PM  

Seriously?? It's amazing that alot of people haven't heard about Adele before. I looooved her ever since 2009!! :)  

Shemah,  September 8, 2011 at 7:24 PM  

Really?? :)  Glad you enjoyed it so much, CAroline! :)  

Shemah,  September 8, 2011 at 7:25 PM  

Definitely no regrets when it comes to Adele!! :)  All her songs are boombastically awesome!! LOL! :)  Haley did a pretty good job at it too.. but no one comes close to Adele, methinks! :)  

Shemah,  September 8, 2011 at 7:25 PM  

She is one awesome and unique cookie, this Adele! LOVE HER!! :)  

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Echo

Chat Away


Hit Me People!

Free web designs that are custom made.
custom website design
CommentLuv Enabled

Commentor of the Month

Life According To Me

Widget by Mxyzplk

Blog Community

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP