Friday, October 14, 2011

Thankful Thursday: My Gratitude List #6


He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has. ~Epictetus

This week I am thankful for:

Steve Jobs. The epitome of a modern day Einstein. You just know that person is rare gem when people who he has never met nor that he knows exist, grieves much after his death. I'm not talking a couple of people but millions. Steve Jobs was a rarity. He inspired people and left his mark in this world and left a legacy in a shape of a bitten apple. My kids don't know who he is, but he has affected their lives so much with the founding of Pixar. I know I rely on my iPod and iTunes to get me through the day when I'm down, uninspired or just plain bored. In fact, while I write this, my iTunes is on.

Did you also know that it was Steve Jobs who incorporated the serif and san serif typefaces that we take so granted on our computers? Yeah, he took a calligraphy class in college and incorporated what he learned into the Macintosh.. the first computer with beautiful typography -- which Windows then followed suit.


Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don't settle. - Steve Jobs

He left his mark on our desks, our ears, our hands, our sight.. and half the time we don't even realize it. So I just wanted to let it be known that I am utterly grateful to the man in Issey Miyake black turtlenecks and jeans, for enhancing our lives with knowledge, technology, inspiration and beauty.. He is definitely up there with Edison, Newton and Einstein in my book. Rest in Peace, Mr. Jobs.

Gratitude. Gratitude is in and of itself a way of life. Without it, we will just be selfish, righteous, indignant and insolently proud people. I can't even imagine what life would be like filled with people like that.

Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it. ~William Arthur Ward

Google Maps. At this day and age, I honestly can't take it when someone says, "I can't meet you at 'so and so' because I don't know where it is". Only God knows, how much it really irks me. There's hardly a place these days that you can't find off gps online.

I can safely say that there have been at least 10 locations in the past 2 years, weddings, housewarmings, events, etc that I had no idea where the location of a venue was (not an area I'm familiar with) but all I had to do was get directions from Google Map. If you are savvy enough to have a blog, FB account or a Twitter or all of the above, then there's no excuse whatsoever to not be able to make it anywhere. If you say you don't know where it is, well, you're just plain freakin' lazy and there's no excuse for laziness.


I've got some more on my list that just has to wait for next week because it's already almost 4.30am here and I've got only 2 hours to nap before I have to get my son up and ready for school! Ooops! Anyways, if you want, you can read more of what I've been grateful for in my previous posts.


Thank you,

12 comments:

Jiej,  October 14, 2011 at 1:06 PM  

Aku akan lebih bersyukur kalau dapat jumpa kazen2 ku yang lama aku ndak jumpa ni.. :-P .

LadyJava,  October 15, 2011 at 12:29 AM  

RIP Steve Jobs..
I cant count how many times we use google maps to find location.. it is almost impossible to get lost nowadays..lol!

LadyJava,  October 15, 2011 at 12:29 AM  

Awesome list dearie!

LadyJava,  October 15, 2011 at 12:29 AM  

Happy weekend!

Isaac Tan,  October 15, 2011 at 2:40 PM  

feeling the sadness over Steve Job's demise

Monica,  October 18, 2011 at 3:47 AM  

<span>RIP </span>Steve Jobs.. i'll cherish my iPod Touch forever..

Monica,  October 18, 2011 at 3:49 AM  

oh yes i oso use the Google Maps sometimes.. 8-)

Shemah,  October 24, 2011 at 11:30 PM  

HAhaha! Kak Jiej!! :)  I hope we can meet each other soon! Allie's birthday or Raya Haji at least? Mommy will be here.. so better we janji with Inang and Ajie kan? Another outing like the last time? hehehehe 

Shemah,  October 24, 2011 at 11:32 PM  

RIP Steve Jobs!! He's the man! :)  


Kan?? Google maps is so useful, I don't get it why people still want to use the excuse of "I don't know where it is". Come on lah. 

Thanks for reading and dropping by today! Happy weekend to you, too! :)

Shemah,  October 24, 2011 at 11:32 PM  

Yes, Isaac! Still very much iSad! 

Shemah,  October 24, 2011 at 11:33 PM  

I'll cherish him forever!! Strange considering we are complete strangers to him yet still he plays such a huge part in our lives today. :)  Google Maps is just the way to get directions, these days, right? 

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Echo

Chat Away


Hit Me People!

Free web designs that are custom made.
custom website design
CommentLuv Enabled

Commentor of the Month

Life According To Me

Widget by Mxyzplk

Blog Community

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP