Monday, February 13, 2012

Lagenda

I've been wanting to put up this song for this week's Music Monday segment because this whole weekend, my children has been watching the late P.Ramlee's movies from Labu Labi to Tiga Abdul to Nujum Pak Belalang, Madu Tiga, Masam-masam Manis, etc.. and they just love it so much. They get into a fit of giggles and they'll imitate the scenes when they're playing with each other. It hardly comes as a surprise, though, as seeing as that's how my siblings and I were when we were their age watching these movies.

The song Lagenda (Legend), performed by Sheila Majid, was written and composed especially as a tribute to Allahyarham Tan Sri P.Ramlee -- who was and will always be my favourite Malay actor of all time.


On Sunday, the world lost another legend -- power house artist, Whitney Houston -- whose sudden demise rocked the music world as well as everyone else who has ever listened to her music.


My sister and I used to sing and dance to her songs all the time and "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" still remains our "pick-me-up" song. My sister was saddened by her passing but at least she was able to witness the magic of Whitney Houston at her show here in KL some years back.

I'm sure this Music Monday, many of you will be featuring her music as a tribute to her so instead, this song "Lagenda" is my tribute to mourn the passing of a great singing legend.

Also, this song is dedicated to my late father, who is a legend in MY eyes. Today, marks his 11th death anniversary according to the Islamic calendar -- 21 RabiulAwal. How time flies.. at times I still feel like I can just pick up the phone and call him for advice. I miss him still with each and every passing day. Al-Fatihah.


Here's the song Lagenda.. dedicated to everyone and anyone who has been affected by the death of someone they love and idolize.



Kaulah satu satunya
Di antara berjuta
Insan teristimewa
Patah tak tumbuh lagi
Hilang belum berganti
Kerana kau tersendiri
Kau kebanggaan kita
Kau budayawan bangsa
Engkau lagenda

You are the only one
Amongst millions
The most special being
One that is irreplaceable
Lost to us yet without a replacement
Because you are one of a kind
You are our pride
You are our national icon
You are a legend


Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. Rules are simple. Leave ONLY the ACTUAL LINK POST here and grab the code below and place it at your blog entry. You can grab this code at LadyJava's Lounge Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.


 
PS: Because of spamming purposes, the linky will be closed on Thursday of each week at midnight, Malaysian Time. Thank you!

7 comments:

Mariuca,  February 13, 2012 at 12:06 PM  

He he he he B's fave Sheila in da house, yesterday only I was listening to her songs in the car.. suka la B cause it's his fave! I like Legenda also but it's not my fave from SM! :* :* :*

Mariuca,  February 13, 2012 at 12:08 PM  

Al-Fatihah for your Dad, he will remain in your heart forever and though it's been 11 years, the sense of loss will never end kan? Hugs and have a great relaxing week! :* :* :* :*

Jiej,  February 13, 2012 at 4:21 PM  

Syahdu pulak aku baca post mu ni shem..both of our family mengalami kerinduan yang sama..

Shemah,  February 13, 2012 at 6:52 PM  

Marzie in da house!! :)  

Shemah,  February 13, 2012 at 6:54 PM  

Hahaha high-five B! I think my fave SM song would be Jentayu kot. I love that song.. and plus all her old old songs. :)  I remember my first concert I went to was SM's concert lah! LOL! 

Anonymous,  April 22, 2013 at 6:47 AM  

How do you make firefox use your existing installation of Flash?
[url=http://www.bonoforbet.com/]external link[/url]

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Echo

Chat Away


Hit Me People!

Free web designs that are custom made.
custom website design
CommentLuv Enabled

Commentor of the Month

Life According To Me

Widget by Mxyzplk

Blog Community

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP