Sunday, February 26, 2012

Soccer Mom

Yesterday, was my son's school's annual PTA meeeting. I didn't make it last year 'coz I was occupied but I decided to go this year because there were some issues that I felt the need to address. There was a pretty good turnout, considering PTA meetings are not always very well received by parents. There were over 100 people in attendance. I've accompanied my mom to my younger sister's PTA meeting before and the turnout was so poor that by the time they chose the committee, they were still in need of members. It was that bad.

Anyways, to cut a long story short, the 2012/2013 PTA committee was chosen and guess what? I'm on the committee. I nominated myself because all the parents refused to speak up to nominate ANYONE. Yes, I'm not shame-faced to nominate myself. I think I have a lot of ideas to contribute to the school, I'm not working, I have ample time to keep myself occupied what with Allie in kindergarten. So basically, I feel like a soccer mom now. I seriously never felt that way until yesterday.

Oh well. Soccer mom pun soccer mom lah. What to do? But I don't have a mini-van (okay, I don't drive) and I refuse to wear mom jeans. Unless I can pull it off looking like this soccer mom. LOL!



Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Echo

Chat Away


Hit Me People!

Free web designs that are custom made.
custom website design
CommentLuv Enabled

Commentor of the Month

Life According To Me

Widget by Mxyzplk

Blog Community

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP