Monday, July 9, 2012

The Big Bully

Remember a couple of months ago when I tweeted and wrote on my Facebook about my 8 year old son being bullied? Well, apparently he was bullied by 2 kids who were from the same school bus. One was his own classmate and the other was a boy in Standard 5.

Not only did one boy punch his stomach, they also ripped his art file together with the whole semester's worth of art work. My son was more distraught over his art than him being physically attacked.


Anyways, up until today, I am pretty disappointed with the school for not even punishing the bullies properly nor did they contact the students' parents and discuss the situation with them. Bullies are just everywhere nowadays. Just today, I saw the news that a boy had his hearing impaired when a senior at his school slapped him on the side of his face with so much force that it burst his eardrums.

The situation with bullies at schools nowadays is really getting way out of hand. Kids at such a young age already show so much uncontrollable rage and dominance over younger kids. I think schools nowadays should have harsher and more severe punishments on students that just warnings and counseling.

Hopefully, being a member of the PTA (Parents and Teachers Association) at my son's school, will give me a chance to change some things at the school. I try to remain optimistic, but knowing our education system, it's just hard.


Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Echo

Chat Away


Hit Me People!

Free web designs that are custom made.
custom website design
CommentLuv Enabled

Commentor of the Month

Life According To Me

Widget by Mxyzplk

Blog Community

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP